Wednesday, January 2, 2008

QTips

This all started when thinking of Christmas gifts to get my employees. Yes, i said Christmas gifts, how un-politically correct. Whatever. So, i have a saying (to myself) in the office and it goes like this - I know what I'm going to get you...Q-Tips, so you can clean your f***ing ears out.

It makes me feel better to think it and say it to a chosen few (Fox). In addition to that, I love Happy Bunny. He's cute *like me* and very, very sarcastic (Gabi's language of love). I often find myself muttering "I just realized. I don't care" and smiling to myself when the day gets rough. It's fleeting of course, this feeling of joy, but it makes me breathe easier for about an hour.

My sister and I used to talk about items that are now known globally as their brand names and not the "actual name". To name a few, because I am tired:

QTips - Not the real name, Cotton Swabs
Coke - Um, if you are from outside the midwest - Soda. Us, midwest folks, call it Pop.

2 comments:

Gabi said...

What did you end up getting them (by them, I mean your minions)? I think Q-tips are a nice gift, actually. But then again, I'm nothing, if not practical.

P.S.

What the heck is vdlneers? That's my 'word verification' to leave a comment. I sure the heck hope vd is not "neering". That google, needs to bruch up on its spelling...

emily said...

my mom always said "kotex and tampax", as in, "are we out of kotex...or tampax." which was terribly embarrassing. ; p